Our school library came into being in the first years of the interwar period (1919-1939). The pre-war library documentation has been lost, but thanks to courageous people many precious old books have been saved. The oldest of them were published in the 19th century. We own, for instance, a Polish impression of Darwin's work.
We also own books donated from the book collection of Jan Kutyłowski, the school headmaster and a book-lover.
The property signs and stamps which were used to mark the library collection can tell the story of the school and its library.
After the Second World War the book collection was created anew. Nowadays the library possesses 35 thousand volumes of books, over 100 video cassettes, a dozen of electronic documents and over 20 titles of magazines.
We possess rich collections on science, history of literature and belles-lettres. There is an impressive collection of "National Library" series from Ossolineum whose editor is prof. Andrzej Zawada, our school's graduate. We are proud owners of many publications with dedications and autographs of Rev.Jan Twardowski and graduates of our school such as Narcyz Klatka or Jan Mystkowski.
Since September 2001 the reading room of the library has been equipped with four personal iMac computers, a scanner, a printer and a photocopier. In such a multimedia centre it is possible to use the Internet, gather net information, create and play multimedia presentations. Our library is connected to the Internet lab of iMac.
The library computerizes its files in MOL 2000+ library system. We have the following catalogues: alphabetical, matter UKD, audiovisual stores and problem cards.
We are open and give information on school days from 8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., on Fridays 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
There are two teachers-librarians who work in the library: MA Iwona Kiraga-Spychała and MA Anna Morawska
mgr Anna Gorzkowska